Tasks can help to set expectations for your students during remote learning. Based on your school’s strategy for adapting to online education, you could assign tasks to facilitate everything from in-class learning to homework. Though at its core, creating a task is simply asking your students to complete an Atomi lesson by a certain date.
In this guide we’ll help you set them up fast to build momentum in your classes as you adjust online. Once you're ready to optimise, check out our guide for what makes a great task.
How to create a task
1. In the module view of a class, click on the more icon (the three dots) to the right of your lesson and select Assign as task from the dropdown list.
2. Optional: Include a message for your students. This can help explain what you’d like your students to focus on, giving instructions for classwork, homework or linking to external resources like worksheets.
3. Select the due date and time for your task, or leave it on the default of tomorrow at 8 am.
4. Click the Create task button to finish!
That's it, you're done!
Once you’ve created a task you can access it on your Tasks page. Your students will receive an email notification and the task will appear on their Tasks page.
As the due date approaches students that haven’t completed their tasks will be reminded again.
When the lesson is due you’ll be sent a summary of the progress on your task, including a link to the full report that details student progress and performance for the lesson in depth. To learn more about using data in your classroom check out our guide to informing your teaching with data.
How to edit a task
1. To edit an existing task for a lesson simply click on the more icon (the three dots) to the right of your lesson and select Edit task from the dropdown list.
2. Update the instructions or due date of your task.
(The lesson can't be edited. Delete the task instead if you wan't to change the lesson.)
3. Click Save to save your changes.
Once you’ve edited a task your students will receive an email notification letting them know what has changed.
How to delete a task
1. To delete an existing task from a lesson simply click on the more icon (the three dots) to the right of your lesson and select Delete task from the dropdown list.
2. Click on the red Delete task button to finish!
Once you’ve removed the task, you and your students will no longer see the due date for that lesson or receive any further reminders. You'll still be able to view the progress for that lesson though!